The first performance of the Partisan puppet theatre took place in the fire brigade station in Črmošnjice on New Year’s eve 1944. The experienced puppeteer Milenko Doberlet lent his helping hand, together with pupil Franci Divjak – Štef (who had performed with puppets already in Ribnica). Lojze Lavrič and Dušan Povh, the former only guiding the puppets, could also sometimes perform with marionettes. As reciters and singers Vito Globočnik and Alenka Gerlovič also collaborated in the first performance, and Janez Kuhar (member of SNT) played the accordion. Puppeteers authored the text themselves. They put together a variety show for adult audience encompassing seven short acts.